Incentive perks, such as a day trip or a non-event pizza party are great rewards to help keep employees satisfied, but what about the day-to-day working environment? Is it employee friendly? Does it generate contentment, motivation and loyalty?
Something as simple as tweaking an office’s design and environment as part of an employee incentive can do wonders to boost morale.
Inc.com lists ten tips to make any office an employee’s delight, and first on the list is keeping an organized office.
President of the National Association of Professional Organizers Laura Leist advises, “When you're talking about organizing your workspace you need to make a decision about what needs to be organized and there's five areas that you can look at." The areas include: individual space and furniture layout; time management; electronic information; paper; and other office necessities such as supplies.
Other tips provided include:
- Provide a comfortable working place which is also clean and pleasing to look at
- Allow workers to have a say in company decisions
- Cultivate openness in regard to management and also employee collaboration
- Foster a workplace community atmosphere
- Consider flexible work hours
- Offer work-related educational incentives
As the saying goes, ‘you can only make one first impression,’ the same holds true for an office. The office should be a reflection of the company’s philosophy and goals. Subtle tweaks, as simple as a fresh coat of paint or a new coffee pot, will be noted by employees, thereby helping to enhance employee contentment.