- Poverty headcount ratio at national poverty lines (% of population)
- 35.9% - 2014
- 41.1% - 2013
World - Data Atlas
- Dominican Republic - Water Supply - Rural Population - Proportion of Rural population served with Piped Water (%): 56 (Percent) in 2012
- Parque Historico la Isabela
- This national park protects a promontory overlooking the place bay that first welcomed Christopher Columbus in 1493. Here, the Great Discoverer established the first permanent settlement in the New World; the first Mass was held here on January 6, 1494.
- The DR is one of the Caribbean's most geographically diverse countries, with stunning mountain scenery, desert scrublands, evocative colonial architecture and beaches galore.
- New communities have arisen only a few kilometers from the ruins where Christopher Columbus strode and where the indigenous Taíno people left physical traces of their presence carved onto rock walls.
- Hundreds of miles of coastline define the Dominican Republic (DR) – some of it white-sand beaches shaded by rows of palm trees, other parts lined dramatically with rocky cliffs, wind-swept dunes or serene mangrove lagoons.
- Some of the bays and coves where pirates once roamed are the temporary home of thousands of migrating humpback whales, and part of an extensive network of parks and preserves safeguarding the country’s natural patrimony.
We would love to hear what you have to say, connect with us on social!