Whether you’re thinking about investing in a B2B loyalty rewards program (yay!), or maybe you already manage one, this question may be on your mind: “what do my customers want?” It’s a question you should be asking yourself, because it’s one that will keep your customers coming back for more. A rewards program is incredibly effective when trying to increase customer loyalty. It is even more effective when you know which rewards your customers actually want, need, and are looking for.
Luckily for you, we’ve got the data to back it up! Our reports gave us an inside look at the top redeemed categories and then the most redeemed items within those categories. You may be surprised by what kind of products we saw most redeemed in 2017.
Let’s take a look.
Most Redeemed Categories:
Most Redeemed Rewards of 2017:
- Fandango Movie Tickets: Your first thought when looking through a rewards catalog may be that customers will be most attracted to electronics, and while they are popular, these point burners, or low point-value items, keep participants coming back continuously.
- RedBox: Like Fandango movie tickets, Redbox rentals are a popular commodity participants can come back to again and again for a very low point cost.
- Amazon-Fire Stick with Alexa Voice Remote: With its high popularity among consumers of all ages and low-point value, there’s no question as to why this reward is trending.
- Titleist 2017 Pro V1x Golf Balls-1 Dozen: This one’s for all the Jordan Spieth wannabes. Titleist golf balls are popular for all and motivate any member in your program, from baby boomers to millennials.
- Apple Ipad: This one is a no brainer. While a little splurge-worthy, you can’t deny the consumer love for Apple products.
- JBL Flip 3 Black Splashproof Bluetooth Speaker: Who doesn’t love music?! This hot-ticket item made a splash (get it?) in 2017 with rewards program customers.
- Amazon-Echo Dot (2nd Generation): Again, Amazon-Echo Dot is just one of those cross-generational items. This item may be more of a splurge, but rising popularity of Amazon’s Alexa and her convenient day-to-day assistance has made this a favorite among B2B rewards program participants. (And 2nd Generation because 1st Generation is just sooo 2016).
- Mattel-Hot Wheels Worldwide Basic Car: Remember when we said you may be surprised by some most redeemed rewards? Well, example A! Electronics are hot, but not as hot as Hot Wheels.
- Amazon-Fire-7” Tablet-8GB: This reward has both the convenience of Amazon Alexa and smart technology PLUS a relatively low-point value. Need we say more?
- Insignia™-32” Class (31.5” Diag.)-LED-720p-Smart-Roku TV: The cream of the crop. This reward is perfect and a favorite for those participants who have worked hard and saved their points.
There you have it. Our most redeemed rewards for 2017. Keep up-to-date with what your customers want. Research and learn what is trending to continuously increase your customer loyalty.
Nichole Gunn is the VP of Marketing at Incentive Solutions, an Atlanta-based incentive company that delivers advanced, agile B2B customer loyalty and channel sales incentives programs.