Client referrals are a powerful way to stimulate sales far more effectively than any amount of advertising or cold calls.
If you have an existing sales incentive program or customer loyalty program, it would be well worth your while to tweak it in order to create a referral contest for existing clients.
Here are some parameters:
- Ask for referrals as a regular part of your business culture, not a short-term initiative.
- Teach your clients why and how they should give referrals. Give them ownership and make them feel good about it.
- Recognize and reward their efforts.
- Make sure you are worthy of referral.
- Remember the law of reciprocity: give your clients referrals.
At Incentive Solutions, we have our own incentive program for our 220+ clients that actively communicates industry best practices and promotes our corporate objectives, such as the Holy Grail…the qualified referral.